Bachillerato en Nursing (ONLINE)Keiser University
Otros grados disponibles: Bachillerato
Keiser University’s Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (RN to BSN) is a degree completion program for registered nurses. This program emphasizes critical thinking, leadership, management, research, physical assessment, and health promotion across a variety of community-based healthcare settings. The curriculum accentuates cultural, political, economic, and social issues that affect patients and influence healthcare delivery through both online classroom and clinical components.
The framework of the RN to BSN program includes the broad competency areas of knowledge, the elements of critical thinking, skills performance, collaboration, caring and professionalism. Each of these areas are reflected in program outcomes that build upon prior learning and incorporate competencies as outlined in the American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s (AACN) Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice and the American Nurses Association’s (ANA) Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice.
The following objectives are designed to meet Keiser University’s mission and its objectives:
• To develop knowledgeable nursing care providers who are able to demonstrate mastery of the science of professional nursing practice as a result of the integration of content relating to current concepts of professional inquiry, critical thinking, communication, leadership and healthcare delivery.
• To develop critical thinkers who are able to creatively engage in rational inquiry utilizing the nursing process in both well-defined, relatively common clinical situations and in complex clinical situations.
• To develop skilled healthcare providers who are prepared to provide a higher level of nursing assessment in their direct or indirect care of ethically, culturally and/or spiritually diverse patients and their families.
• To develop effective collaborators of healthcare who are prepared to work in a leadership capacity to design and manage the care of individuals and their families.
• To develop caring and therapeutic communicators who are prepared to utilize broadened tools of communication in advocating the comfort and self-determination of patients and their families.
• To develop nursing professionals who practice nursing within a legal/ethical framework.
The Keiser University Latin America Campus located in San Marcos, Nicaragua has the following security procedures in place:
Safety and security guidelines for students, staff and faculty are posted on the university website.
Any scheduled evening or weekend meetings require a member of the staff or faculty to be present and responsible for the maintenance of all security procedures.